- Reliability: Many cloud storage systems have high uptime and reliability. According to pingdom.com, Box boasted a 100% uptime, based on a study performed in June 2013.
- Cost Savings: Access to “the cloud” is less expensive, and unlike traditional on-premise software, does not require multiple license fees for added users. There are multiple payment options for the cloud including one-time-payments, pay-as-you-go, etc. These options make it easy for a company to select a payment method that works for them.
- Automatic Software Updates: Software updates for cloud-based programs occur automatically. You never need to worry about the hassle of having an outdated program, as when cloud software is updated, it updates automatically across all of its users.
- Access Anywhere: Cloud computing can be accessed anywhere, given there is internet access. You can also access the cloud from different devices including desktops, laptops, mobile devices, and tablets.
- Storage Capacity: The cloud offers users a virtually unlimited storage capacity. This means that you will not have to worry about running out of storage space, or having to add more storage space later on.
Cloud computing offers its users a variety of benefits. From essentially unlimited storage space to cost savings and reliability, cloud computing is a great option for businesses of all sizes to consider.